The privacy and security of Personal Information is very important to us and we want to ensure that we protect and respect the privacy of Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
What is personal information
Privacy laws apply to "personal information", which means any information that can be used to identify, distinguish or contact a specific individual (“Personal Information”).
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information only by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We try to collect your Personal Information directly from you with your knowledge and consent.
PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THE WEBSITE
a) Personal Information
With respect to the Website, we may collect Personal Information from you when you visit the Website and fill out a form to receive the promotional item requested. For example you may be asked for, as appropriate, your name, your legal guardian’s name (as applicable), and your shipping address so as to enable us to provide you with the promotional item requested.
You may, however, choose to visit our Website anonymously. We will collect Personal Information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply Personal Information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain Website related activities or services and/or being eligible to receive any promotional item requested.
b) Technical Information
When you visit the Website, we automatically collect certain anonymous information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Website, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Website, and other information about how you interact with the Website.
Further, our Website may use a variety of technical means to enhance the user experience, including, without limitation, the following:
• “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• “Log files” track actions occurring on the Website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
• “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Website.
We use these forms of technical information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud and, more generally, to improve and optimize our Website (for example, by generating non-personally identifiable / anonymized analytics about how users browse and interact with the Website, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
c) Other Service Providers
The Website does not use web analytics service providers to collect and process information in relation to your use of the Website.
How do we use your personal information?
We will generally only use your Personal Information to fulfill any promotional item requested through the Website, including using your Personal Information for the following specific purposes:
• Communicating with you, as required, relative to any promotional item that you have requested through the Website;
• Arranging for shipping of any promotional item that you have requested through the Website;
• Providing you with certain confirmations relative to any promotional item that you have requested through the Website; and
• Screening orders for any promotional item requested through the Website for potential risk or fraud.
HOW WE SHARE youR personal Information
We share your Personal Information with certain other third parties to help us use your Personal Information for the purposes identified above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We adopt reasonable policies to protect Personal Information with security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information including, for example, appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information or any associated transaction information and data in relation to the Website.
The protection of Personal Information is of paramount concern to us and we are prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving Personal Information in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We make every reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Information is accurate and complete. In the event your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete and/or in the event you have provided it in error, please contact us and we will undertake reasonable efforts to ensure that it be corrected, amended, or deleted (as applicable).
We will retain Personal Information only as long as is reasonable to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected.
STORAGE AND PROCESSING
We may store Personal Information on our internal servers and/or with our service providers. Our service providers may store and/or process Personal Information outside of Canada (including in the United States of America). When information is stored or processed outside of Canada, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You may find advertising or other content on the Website that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to this Website, is subject to that website's own terms and policies.
a) Your Rights relating to your Personal Data
Subject to some exceptions, the GDPR provides you with the following rights:
1. Right of access: You have the right to information about whether and why we process your personal data and related information (for example, what personal data we are processing).
2. Right of rectification: You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data that we hold about you.
3. Right to erasure: You have the right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
4. Right to restrict or object to processing: You have the right to ask us to limit or stop our processing of your personal data in certain cases (for example, if the personal data we are processing about you is inaccurate or is for direct marketing purposes).
5. Right to data portability: You have the right to ask us for a copy of personal data we hold about you and to transfer such data to another entity.
6. Right to complain: We encourage you to contact us at the contact information below if you have any questions or concerns with our personal data practices. However, you also have the right to complain to regulatory authorities in your jurisdiction. Please contact us at the contact information below if you need information about the appropriate authority.
You may exercise these rights or find out more about these rights by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
b) Retention and Storage of Personal Data
We are based in Canada and processes personal data in Canada. The European Commission recognizes Canada as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data. Our service providers may process your personal information outside of Canada (such as in the United States of America). When your information is processed outside of the European Union, it may be subject to the laws of and be accessible by legal authorities in such other jurisdictions. We have taken appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to secure this information.
When the Website is accessed by individuals who are not at least the age of majority in their province of residence, they represent that they are being supervised by their legal guardian while visiting and/or using the Website.
Your acceptance of these terms
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
870 Pembina Highway
Winnipeg MB R3M 2M7
The foregoing policy was last updated on and is effective as of •.